Lew Gaiter III
Lew Gaiter III is currently the Larimer County Commissioner representing the northern third of Larimer County in north central Colorado. He was appointed as a County Commissioner in a vacancy election in January 2010 and then elected in the general election in November 2010. He was re-elected in November 2014.
County government is a microcosm of state government. As County Commissioner, Lew is experienced in using the structure of state and county government to best serve citizens. His leadership as a County Commissioner--listening, acting, and following through--has prepared him for the job of Governor of the State of Colorado. Lew wants to take the next step in "Moving Colorado Forward"!
- Chair of Larimer County Board of Commissioners – 2012, 2015, 2017
- President, Colorado Counties, Inc.
- Past Vice-President of Front Range District, Colorado Counties, Inc.
- Current Colorado Counties, Inc. Board Rep for Front Range District
- Past Chair, Colorado Counties, Inc. Tourism, Resorts and Economic Development Steering Committee
- Member, National Association of Counties Technology & Telecommunications Steering Committee
- Vice Chair, State Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Advisory Council (SEMTAC)
- Past Member, Colorado Department of Human Services Child Fatality Review Committee
- Board Member, Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA)
- Board Member, Colorado State Board of Health
- Member, Board of Directors, National Association of Counties, 2015-2017 (NACO)
- Chair, National Association of Counties Information Technology Standing Committee (2016-17, 2017-18)
- International Software and Computer Networking Consultant
- Business Owner
- Research and Development Software Engineer
- Business and Life Coach
- Board member of multiple for profit/non-profit organizations since 1990
- 25 year member of the Loveland Volunteer Ski Patrol (retired)
- Past Director of the Loveland Volunteer Ski Patrol
- Past National Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care Instructor
- Past Eastern Region Director – Rocky Mountain Division of the National Ski Patrol
- Past Chairman of Realities for Children "Triumph Awards"
- Married for 35 years to Jeannette Gaiter
- Father of 9 children (7 boys and 2 girls — they're all born to us)
- Past Martial Arts assistant instructor
- Avid skier
- Broncos season ticket holder (with his dad)
- Grandfather of 5
- 8 of 9 children born at home
- Football – especially NFL (go Denver Broncos!)
- Sailing (although I haven't sailed for a long time)
- Flying (never got my license, but I'd love to learn)
- Did I say skiing?