Lew Gaiter III
Lew is currently the Larimer County Commissioner representing the northern third of Larimer County in north central Colorado. He was appointed as a County Commissioner in a vacancy election in January 2010 and then elected in the general election in November 2010. He was re-elected in November 2014. Since county government is a microcosm of state government, Lew has learned a lot about the structure and organization of the various branches of state government. His experience as a County Commissioner is excellent training for the job of Governor of the State of Colorado. Lew believes Colorado has made excellent strides in recovery and he wants to take the next step in "Moving Colorado Forward"!
· Chair of Larimer County Board of Commissioners – 2012, 2015, 2017
· President, Colorado Counties, Inc.
· Past Vice-President of Front Range District, Colorado Counties, Inc.
· Current Colorado Counties, Inc. Board Rep for Front Range District
· Past Chair, Colorado Counties, Inc. Tourism, Resorts and Economic Development Steering Committee
· Member, National Association of Counties Technology & Telecommunications Steering Committee
· Vice Chair, State Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Advisory Council (SEMTAC)
· Past Member, Colorado Department of Human Services Child Fatality Review Committee
· Board Member, Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA)
· Board Member, Colorado State Board of Health
· Member, Board of Directors, National Association of Counties, 2015-2017 (NACO)
· Chair, National Association of Counties Information Technology Standing Committee
· Business and Life Coach
· International Software and Computer Networking Consultant
· Business Owner
· Research and Development Software Engineer
· Board member of multiple for profit/non-profit organizations since 1990
· 25 year member of the Loveland Volunteer Ski Patrol (retired)
· Past Director of the Loveland Volunteer Ski Patrol
· Past National Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care Instructor
· Past Eastern Region Director – Rocky Mountain Division of the National Ski Patrol
· Past Chairman of Realities for Children "Triumph Awards"
· Married for 35 years to Jeannette
· Father of 9 children (7 boys and 2 girls — they're all both of ours)
· Past Martial Arts assistant instructor
· Avid skier
· Broncos season ticket holder (with his dad)
· Grandfather of 5
· Delivered 8 of his 9 children at home
· Football – especially NFL (Denver Broncos!)
· Reading – especially Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn
· Sailing (although I haven't done it for a long time)
· Flying (never got my license, but I started)
· Did I say skiing?